Students in grades 3-4-5-6 took one class period to reflect and write artist statements about the work they did first semester. Being able to talk about their work is something that takes practice. I provide prompts such as....
* Tell me how you created this piece.
* What did you learn from creating this?
* What mediums were used to make this?
* What memories or connections are evoked through looking at your work?
* What do you like about your work?
All student work is posted on www.artsonia.com. Students used Artsonia Classroom to get to their work and write about it by going to www.artsonia.com/class. After typing in an 12 letter access code, they are taken to their creation. You could just "hear" their brains working as they were remembering and thinking about their work. Here, Jena is really concentrating on what she wants to say about her piece.